RULES OF THE AUCTION
Special Conditions of the Game Auction Highlighted
1. The auction is under the control of the Auctioneers who will decide how the bidding will take place.
2. The Sale by auction is subject to a reserve price, unless specifically stated to the contrary by the auctioneer.
3. No animals will be loaded until full payment has been received for said animals.
4. The Auctioneers or any of their representatives will not accept any liability for any withdrawal of game, statements or guarantees, which may be
given verbally by its officials.
5. Every bid is irrevocable and the Auctioneers retain the sole right to: reject any bid, indicate the highest bidder, change the order of the sale,
suspend the auction during its course, declare a sale null and void in case of dispute and to put up the animals for resale.
6. The Buyer shall not be entitled to withhold payment of the purchase price as a result of any possible or pending claim that he/she may have against
the Seller on the grounds of misrepresentation or for any other reason whatsoever.
7. Under no circumstances, can a Buyer who is also a Seller, and who has sold animals on the same auction, withhold payment as a contra against his
8. Buyers must register prior to the commencement of the auction.
9. If a registered Buyer allows another person to buy on his/her buyer’s card, the registered Buyer shall be liable for payment of such purchases.
10. Any bona fide error committed by the Auctioneer before, during or after the auction does not bind the Seller and can be rectified immediately.
11. A person who is acting as an agent for a bidder must notify the auctioneer of this status prior to the commencement of the sale. This is also
applicable to any person acting as an agent for a foreign bidder who is not normally resident in the R.S.A. and will have to settle the account in
12. Although no guarantee can be given that specific requests to bid can be complied with, Buyers can give bidding instructions to staff prior to the sale.
13. Persons who enter the auction site do so at their own responsibility and risk.
14. The Auctioneer can, without prior notice, add to, reduce or alter these conditions by making announcements before or during the auction.
15. The details contained herein are intended only as a guide to prospective purchasers who in their own interest should verify all statements,
information, etc. given.
16. Buyers must make sure that they are satisfied with what they are bidding on.
17. Insurance is included with the purchase of animals on the auction unless otherwise specified. Buyers and Sellers must familiarise themselves with
the Insurers Terms & Conditions. The Insurance agent will be present at the Auction venue.
18. All game sold as family groups are mixed sexes and ages. Family groups will consist of more females than males unless otherwise specified.
19. PLEASE NOTE that bids are PER ANIMAL and not per lot! Buyers bid per animal to take the whole lot unless otherwise specified.
20. In the case of Boma animals, all game shall, immediately after the bid is knocked down, be considered as delivered to the Buyer and as such the risk
passes to the Buyer. Upon acceptance of a bid, regardless of whether it is the highest and subject to reserve placed on the game by the seller, sale
of the animals takes place and the entire risk thereof passes to the Buyer for the animals purchased.
21. The Buyer shall, prior to the sale, ascertain whether there are any defects in the game and any bid by a Buyer shall be considered as acceptance of
the game in their condition at the time of the sale. Drugs, which may have been used to sedate animals, may have worn off at the time of purchase.
22. In the case of Catalogue animals, all risk will pass to the buyer once the animals are loaded onto the transport vehicle.
23. It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to arrange the necessary permits related to the movement of the animals.
24. In the case of Catalogue animals purchased on the “main auction”, transport will be included in the bid price. The seller undertakes to deliver the
animals to the buyer at their cost. Transport is not included for animals purchased on the “silent auction” unless indicated. Transport must be
arranged between buyer and seller. Buyers should be available to accept delivery on short notice.
25. The party, who is, in accordance with such law, regulation or proclamation, liable for the payment thereof, shall pay any VAT or levy payable in
terms of any law, regulation or proclamation. The Buyer is responsible for the payment of VAT where applicable.
26. All payment is to take place via means of EFT, or by a bank guaranteed cheque payable immediately after the sale.
27. If payment by cheque is accepted, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Auctioneer, it takes place subject to payment thereof, and right of
ownership of the animals shall pass to the Buyer only when the banker meets the cheque, and it does not constitute a novation of any cause of
action pursuant to the provisions hereof.
28. The invoice issued between the Auctioneer and the Buyer will reflect the actual sale as decided by the auctioneers hammer.
29. Silent Auction Rules:
a. All lots on the “silent auction” will have a minimum starting bid which will be indicated.
b. A minimum bidding increment will also be applicable and will be indicated.
c. Any bid equal to, or above the minimum bid at closing, will be the successful bid.
d. All lots will close at 16h30 after the “main auction”
e. The closing time will indicate the “fall of the hammer” of all bids on the “silent auction”.
f. A bid cannot be withdrawn once made and accepted as a legitimate bid by the auctioneers.
g. Bids are to be made manually with the auctioneers representative administering the “silent auction”
30. THE AUCTIONEERS CONDITIONS ARE BINDING
It is the buyers responsibility to make sure that payment is made into the correct bank account as indicated.
Due to recent email fraud and fraudulent activities at the banks, the onus is on the buyer to ensure that they pay into the correct
bank account of the Auctioneers.
Buyers are requested to obtain their purchase invoice from the administration staff on the day of the sale.
An invoice will also be emailed to each buyer to the email provided. Please make sure the email address you provide is correct.